Heavy metal music has been around since the 1970s and continues to be a popular genre to this day. One of the best ways to enjoy this kind of music is while cruising down the open road. Whether you're on a solo adventure or heading to a concert with friends, having the ultimate heavy metal road trip playlist is an essential part of any journey.
In this article, we'll take a look at some of the best songs to include in your heavy metal road trip playlist. From classics to modern hits, we've got you covered.
No heavy metal playlist is complete without some of the classics that helped shape the genre into what it is today. If you're a fan of heavy metal, you'll definitely recognize these timeless pieces:
1. "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath- This 1970 hit is easily recognizable because of the opening riff, and it’s a great song to kick off your road trip.
2. "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead- If you're looking for a high-energy, fast-paced song to drive to, this 1980 hit should definitely make it onto your playlist.
3. "Bestial Devastation" by Sepultura- This iconic song was released in 1985 by Brazilian metal band Sepultura and is just as relevant today as it was back then.
4. "Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden- A classic from one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, this song is perfect for belting out the lyrics while driving down the highway.
5. "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC- This 1979 hit by the Australian rockers is an absolute must-listen while on the road.
While the classics are always great, there are some modern hits that are worth adding to your heavy metal road trip playlist as well. Here are a few recent songs that have made waves in the heavy metal community:
1. "Stargazer" by Ghost- This 2021 release by Swedish band Ghost is perfect for a late-night drive on an empty road.
2. "Natural Born Killer" by Avenged Sevenfold- The perfect song to get you pumped up for a night out on the town with your friends.
3. "Lift Me Up" by Five Finger Death Punch- A great song for when you need a little extra motivation to keep pushing through a long road trip.
4. "No Mask, No Entry" by Raging Speedhorn- This song was released in 2020 amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, making it especially relevant today.
5. "My Last Breath" by Black Veil Brides- This 2019 hit will have you singing along with the chorus in no time.
Of course, no ultimate heavy metal road trip playlist would be complete without a few deep cuts that only true fans will appreciate. Here are some lesser-known songs that are still worth adding to your playlist:
1. "The Arsonist" by Deadlock- This 2013 song by the German metal band is perfect for a dramatic drive through the countryside.
2. "The Sleepless Monster" by Aeon Zen- A progressive metal masterpiece, this song will keep you engaged during even the longest drives.
3. "Megatron" by Helloween- A song that's sure to get your fists pumping, this 2003 hit is a true heavy metal gem.
4. "Thunder and Lightning" by Eloy- This 1977 release by the German progressive rock band is just as relevant today as it was back then.
5. "Still Unbroken" by Lynyrd Skynyrd- While most people know Lynyrd Skynyrd for "Freebird," this lesser-known song is a great addition to any heavy metal playlist.
There you have it- the ultimate heavy metal road trip playlist. Whether you're a die-hard fan of the classics or prefer more modern hits, this playlist has something for everyone. So crank up the volume, roll down the windows, and hit the open road for the adventure of a lifetime.